What is a Nurun SF Senior PHP Developer?
Senior PHP Developers lead project development. They are responsible for planning and implementing the code that drives our projects as well as collaborating with other developers and vendors to execute on larger projects.
Creative Problem Solver
Our Senior PHP Developers are expected to solve complex engineering problems quickly and smartly. They contribute their ideas at various stages of the project, including having a strong voice in application architecture, investigating solutions, and finding ways to innovate.
Senior PHP Developers are motivated to learn new languages and skills in order to expand their opportunities for unique projects. They participate in industry events and share what they learn back to the studio.
• Provide technical planning, development, and systems integration on client engagements from definition phase through implementation
• Facilitate communication of technical matters among internal teams as well as external partners and client contacts
• Write clean, stable, unit-tested code and accompanying documentation where needed
• May delegate programming tasks to other team members, providing supervision as needed
• Work with producers to identify and address project status issues
• Analyze requirements, wireframes, and capabilities of related systems to propose appropriate solutions
• Mentor developers by sharing new tools and techniques
• Assist Producers and/or Executive Producer in the creations of requirements, timelines, and estimates for projects and new business opportunities
• Research and share industry innovations and trends
• Identify opportunities to improve our methodologies
• Promote Nurun through publishing, speaking engagements and attending of tech events and conferences
• Have 5+ years development experience
• Deep experience with server-side application development in PHP using frameworks like Symfony, Cake, and Zend
• Some experience with other server-side languages such as Python, Ruby, and Java
• Some experience with systems administration, web server configuration (Apache/Nginx/Gunicorn), database server management (MySQL/PostgreSQL) and other common web stack services
• Strong experience and interest in both custom and open-source CMS tools
• Have experience with task planning and estimating effort
• Approach technical challenges with an open mind and desire to innovate
• Appreciate great design and thrive in a creative environment
• Have experience working on small to medium‐sized teams
• Communicative and clear under tight deadlines
• Have strong personal organization and attention to detail
• Are flexible and adaptable to both organizational and project-level changes
WE'RE a new kind of agency; one that thinks like a start-up, understands brands like an agency, and creates products and services like an innovation firm. We’re located in Hayes Valley, San Francisco. We work with bold, forward-looking brands like Sony, Google, Coca-Cola, Tesla Motors, PlayStation, the International Watch Company (IWC), and Sling Media.
• Please, no phone calls or outside recruiters
• Include a link to your online portfolio and PDF of your resume
• You must live in the San Francisco area or be willing to move here
It's been thirteen years since we started Odopod.
We've always wanted one thing: to do the best work of our lives. Along the way, we have been joined by an eclectic and exceptionally talented bunch of people who wanted the same thing. Together, we've built a company we love.
Two years ago, Odopod was acquired by Nurun.
The acquisition was a validation of everything we had built. It was also a catalyst for some big changes we wanted to make. We began to tackle bigger, thornier problems and to work all over the world. With Nurun, we've had a series of huge wins and have been producing our best work yet.
That's why we recently decided to retire the Odopod brand, formally adopt Nurun as our name, and take the reins of Nurun's US operations.
We're all still here—same team with the same appetite for great work, only now with different e-mail addresses and more frequent flyer miles. And we're growing, so send your talented friends our way.
Keep an eye out for new work from Nurun. It will be our best yet.
Tim, Dave, Jacquie, JT & Guthrie
For new business, contact Stacy Stevenson
For general inquiries, contact us at
For more about Nurun, visit